Role of soil characteristics on temperature sensitivity of soil organic matter, The
The uncertainty associated with how projected climate change will affect global C cycling could have a large impact on predictions of soil C stocks. The purpose of our study was to determine how various soil decomposition and chemistry characteristics relate to soil organic matter (SOM) temperature sensitivity. We accomplished this objective using long-term soil incubations at three temperatures (15, 25, and 35°C) and pyrolysis molecular beam mass spectrometry (py-MBMS) on 12 soils from 6 sites along a mean annual temperature (MAT) gradient (2–25.6°C). The Q10 values calculated from the CO2 ...
(For more, see "View full record.")
Paul, Eldor A.; Morris, Sherri J.; Drijber, Rhae A.; Margrini-Bair, Kim; Steinweg, J. Megan; Six, Johan; Conant, Richard T.; Plante, Alain F.; Haddix, Michelle L.
born digital; articles
- Faculty Publications - Department of Soil & Crop Sciences
- Faculty Publications - Graduate Degree Program in Ecology
- Faculty Publications - Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory (NREL)
- Paul (Eldor A.) Collection - Department of Soil & Crop Sciences
- Paul (Eldor A.) Collection - Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory (NREL)