Naturita Processing Plant, buildings
Slide showing two small buildings with a bulldozer parked in front of them. These buildings appear to have been located on the upper level of the Naturita Processing Plant (the same buildings are shown on slide NMHFM-334), and this may have been where the carnotite ore was brought into the plant for processing. The Naturita Processing Plant was located three miles north of the town of Naturita and was built around 1930 by the Rare Metals Company. In 1939, the Vanadium Corporation of America purchased the plant and renovated it. Between 1942 and 1960, uranium was extracted at the plant from ...
(For more, see "View full record.")