Geneva-Davis Mine, pump
The Geneva-Davis Mine (Geneva Mine) was an underground iron mine in the Gogebic district near Bessemer, Michigan. The Mine opened in 1887. It was operated by the Oliver Iron Mining Company before its closure in 1966. The Oliver Iron Mining Company was organized in 1892, and acquired many mineral properties in the northern iron ranges. By 1901 the Company was a division of United States Steel Corporation.