Wauseca Mine, fan house and heating plant
The Wauseca Mine (also Homer-Wauseca Mine?) was an underground iron mine near Iron River, Michigan that was operated from about 1915 to 1969. The M. A. Hanna Company, an operator of the Wauseca Mine, was one of the large mining companies that moved into the Michigan iron area in the early 1900s, consolidated smaller properties, and engaged in exploration for other economic deposits. It was dissolved in 1965, then resurrected in 1985.