Show simple item record

dc.date1989?
dc.date.accessioned2007-01-03T04:51:04Z
dc.date.available2007-01-03T04:51:04Z
dc.descriptionIdentifier: E0077.
dc.description2/89.
dc.description.abstractA man, probably an instructor or mine operator, is shown underground at the Edgar Mine. The Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine is located in Idaho Springs, Clear Creek County, Colorado. Originally known as the Edgar Mine, it produced silver and gold, and some lead and copper in the 1870s. The Big Five Mining Company leased the Mine to the School of Mines for training in 1921. The School eventually acquired the Mine and additional workings to develop the Experimental Mine as an underground classroom for engineering education and as a research facility. The Edgar's workings include the Miami Tunnel, the Edgar shaft following the old Edgar vein, and the Big Five Tunnel.
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/11124/5630
dc.publisherColorado School of Mines. Arthur Lakes Library
dc.rightsRights management statement available at: http://library.mines.edu/digital/rights.html
dc.subjectColorado School of Mines Experimental Mine
dc.subjectEngineering education and training
dc.subjectScenes, underground
dc.subjectUnderground mining
dc.titleInstructor, Colorado School of Mines Experimental Mine
dc.typePhotograph


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record