Morris Mine, miner and switch-signal light on main level haulage
A miner operates a manual switch on a signal light underground at the Morris Mine. The Morris Mine was an underground iron mine in the Marquette Range, Marquette County, Michigan. The Mine was originally opened in 1909 in operation with the Lloyd Mine and known as the Morris-Lloyd Mine. It was operated as the Morris Mine by the Inland Steel Company starting in 1933 and continuing into the 1950s.