Captain Jack Mill building
This is the site a mill operated by the Big Five Mining Company in the early 1890s to process ores from the mines in the Lefthand Creek area near Ward. The area of Lefthand Creek in the Ward district, Boulder County, Colorado, was one of the region's richest gold and silver producers by 1870. The Black Jack (Captain Jack) Mine in this area was operated intermittently starting in 1917. The company Captain Jack, Ltd. acquired possession of the mill works area for a local mill operation in 1974. Contamination from the Captain Jack and nearby mine and mill areas was found to threaten drinking water ...
(For more, see "View full record.")