Town of Leavick
Slide showing some of the buildings in the town of Leavick with Peerless Mountain in the background. An aerial tramway tower is visible on the left behind the remains of the livery stable. The Hilltop Mine was discovered in 1886 and sold to Felix Leavick in 1892. The mill was built in 1892 to process silver ores from the Hilltop and Last Chance mines. A 13,000 ft. long aerial tram was constructed to transport ore from Hilltop Mine to the mill. The collapse of the silver market in 1893 resulted in the closing of the mines and the mill. They reopened in 1895, and the following year the Denver, ...
(For more, see "View full record.")