Old Main cornerstone opening
A man is holding up a folded copy of the Fort Collins Courier which was part of the contents of the time capsule in the Old Main cornerstone. Items include newspapers from 1878, a copy of the New Testament, minerals, vials of grain, copies of founding legislation, the Colorado Legislative Manual, and Proceedings of the R.W. Grand Lodge of the Independent Order of Odd-Fellows of Colorado. The cornerstone was recovered following the May 8, 1970 fire that destroyed the building.