The Agricultural Experiment Station was established as the original research component of Colorado Agricultural College (now Colorado State University). Even before classes began at the land-grant college in Fort Collins in 1879, experimental research had been instituted on an onsite college farm. The federal Hatch Act, passed in 1887, became effective in Colorado a year later. Funding enabled the college to establish regional substations, thereby allowing it to address distinctive local problems. The collection includes project records, reports, office files, and correspondence. This digital collection, with materials dated 1901 to 1947, consists of photographic negatives of Experiment Station staff activities both on CAC’s campus and at regional substations.
See also the Colorado Agricultural Experiment Station